Whether you are just starting your journey as a caregiver for an older adult or have years of experience, you can find helpful education, information and resources on our website.
This website is for you if you are helping someone aged 60 and older who is limited or can no longer do many routine things for themselves.
Here is a quick tour of the website if you follow the links below:
· Fact Sheets & Worksheets: For brief information or worksheets such as creating a list for emergency information and medications or planning for doctor visits. These are also used as handouts in live sessions and links from our online education program. The additional Facts Sheets are in English and Spanish.
· Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs): Quick answers and links for the most commonly asked caregiver questions.
· Online Education: In-depth information on topics that are also the topics we provide in live sessions.
· Legal Resources: Legal forms for advance directives for the State of Texas and how to find resources in other states.
· Phone Numbers: Quick access to phone numbers for local, state and federal resources.
· Links Library: Helpful links to other internet sites.
· Newsletters & Media: Our monthly newsletters and links to other media.
Family Caregivers Online is part of a comprehensive program that includes this website, live and online education sessions, support groups, counseling, monthly newsletters, and conferences.
These programs are funded through Area Agency on Aging of North Central Texas, Dallas Area Agency on Aging, and Texas Department of Aging and Disability Resources (DADS).